Quickbooks for Small Business Owners
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: Non-Credit
This course is developed for owners of small businesses, all of which may have different needs. The topics are more advanced than the QuickBooks Introduction course. You will learn step-by-step, how to set-up QuickBooks Pro, track customer information that is important to you and handle all of the day-to-day accounting needs of a business. With this software you will have options to create estimates, track job costs and progress, track inventory, invoice customers, track receivables, pay bills including sales tax, handle payroll, track employees' time worked, write form letters in Microsoft Word, create reports in Microsoft Excel, and create financial statements. Students will need to have a copy of QuickBooks.
- Students will define basic accounting terminology used in the QuickBooks software and demonstrate general navigation within the software.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of setting up a new company in QuickBooks.
- Students will create customers, inventory items, subtotals, discounts, and shipping cost items.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the various ways of recording customer transactions.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the accounts payable and banking processes in QuickBooks.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of how to run reports, create budgets and what necessary steps need to be taken to protect their data.
This class is offered through our approved partner Protrain and is not eligible for credit towards a degree program. The "register now" button below will direct you to the partner's website where you can register through their online system.