NDSU 2014-2015 Diversity Impact Award
To continue work that carries a legacy of change in a history of prejudice, discrimination, and exclusion in our society, recipients of the Diversity Impact award will be recognized annually during the Green and Golden Globe Diversity Awards (April 30, 2015).
This award will consist of $500 donated to the charity of the recipient’s choice.
To recognize individuals, groups, and units campus and community-wide that have demonstrated a significant contribution to advancing diversity through positive interactions with others and a respect and value for differing backgrounds and points of view within and/or external to NDSU.
The NDSU Diversity Impact award will be given annually to an individual, group, or unit that has actively and positively promoted the concept of diversity by enhancing or contributing to the overall environment of the community or university.
The recipient will have demonstrated a high regard for diversity by demonstrating one or more of the following:
- Commitment to the spirit of diversity;
- Leadership through positive interaction among persons of diversity identities and backgrounds;
- Behavior that illustrates commitment to inclusion of persons within the institution who are members of traditionally under-represented groups.
All NDSU and community members, groups, and units are eligible for this nomination.
Nominations may be made by any NDSU student, staff or faculty member using the form available here.
Please send nominations to the Diversity Impact Awards Committee c/o Kara Gravley-Stack at Office of Multicultural Programs, MU 178 or Kara.Gravley-Stack@ndsu.edu.
Nomination Deadline is 12 pm on Friday, March 13, 2015.
- Clearly state how the Nominee demonstrates a commitment to diversity at NDSU.
- Cite specific examples of commitment, leadership, and positive interactions.
- Describe how the campus or larger community has benefited from the Nominee's work.
- Optional - include letters of support for this nomination from coworkers, supervisor/manager, students, or department head/chair.
A list of past Diversity Impact Award winners can be found at this link: http://www.ndsu.edu/diversity/diversityatndsu/presidents_impact_award/