North Dakota State University has seen enormous growth and achievement in the past decade in student enrollment, academic excellence, co-curricular programming, research initiatives, and collaboration with local, regional, national and international institutions of higher learning and businesses. As we move into the next decade, NDSU is poised to become one of the nationís preeminent land-grant research universities. Internationalization is an important component of this trajectory, and it is critical that our institution develops a strategic, comprehensive, institutional level integrated approach to internationalization that encompasses teaching, research and service. The creation of a Global Council, comprised of faculty, staff, students and community members, will bring key stakeholders with institutional and community knowledge together to review the current state of internationalization, develop a forward-thinking plan for comprehensive internationalization and begin the process of implementation and ongoing review.
The Global Council is comprised of a broad campus and community representation. Members include NDSU faculty, staff, students, and administrators, as well as local educational, political, and business leaders.
Global Council Co-Chairs
Global Council Members
Goals of the Global Council
- Examine best practices at the national and international level
- Carry out a review of the current state of internationalization at NDSU
- Frame a conversation on internationalization within the campus
- Identify challenges, obstacles and opportunities
- Develop a strategic plan for enhancement of international dimensions & further internationalization of NDSU