Grant Opportunities for Minorities and Women
Division Mission Statement
The Division of Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach serves the North Dakota State University campus, along with its alumni, community, and global neighbors. We value justice and unity. Through outreach and service, the division prepares global citizens by promoting acceptance, understanding, and respect for all cultures and fostering inclusive relationships.
PURPOSE of the Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach Grant Committee
The NDSU Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach Grant Committee supports the mission of the Division of Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach in working to locate grant opportunities, collaborate with and offer support for developing and submitting grant proposals that promote diversity and a climate of inclusiveness.
Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach Grant Committee Members
Lois Christianson, Chair
The grants listed below offer opportunities for minority and/or women researchers. Web pages are listed for access to more detailed information on each grant. Check back at this site for updates and new listings.
Health and Human Services
- external-link "External link">American Indians into Nursing
Augment the number of Registered Nurses, Certified Nurse Midwives, Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nurse Anesthetists who deliver health care services to AI/AN communities
National Institutes of Health
- NCI Mentored Research Scientist Development Award to Promote Diversity (K01)
and NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K22)
The K01 award provides support and time (3, 4 or 5 years) for an intensive, supervised career development experience in the biomedical, behavioral, or clinical sciences leading to research independence while the K22 award is intended for those who have received the K01 award or advanced postdoctoral fellows or newly independent research scientists that belong to underrepresented minorities in biomedical, behavioral, clinical and/or social sciences.
- Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research
The programs listed provide supplements to existing grants to increase diversity of the research workforce by supporting and recruiting students, postdocs and eliiable investigators from underrepresented groups in health related research
National Science Foundation
- Broadening Participation Research Initiation Grants in Engineering (BRIGE), NSF Directorate for Engineering
A funding opportunity for beginning engineers intended to increase diversity in the engineering disciplines
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Biology (PRFB)
Seeks to increase the diversity of scientists at the postdoctoral level in Biology
- SBE Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (SPRF)
The Directorate for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences offers Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in two tracks: Broadening Participation (SPRF-BP) and Interdisciplinary Research in Behavioral and Social Sciences (SPRF-IBSS)
- National Needs Graduate Fellowship Grant Program - Search using the funding opportunity number USDA-NIFA-HEP-004338
(1) Training students for Master's and Doctoral degrees in food, agricultural and natural resource sciences, and; (2) Special International Study or Thesis/Dissertation Research Travel Allowances (IRTA) for eligible USDA NNF beneficiaries.
- Higher Education Multicultural Scholars Program
Increase the multicultural diversity of the food and agricultural scientific and professional workforce, and advance the educational achievement of all Americans by providing competitive grants to colleges and universities.
- American Association of University Women, AAUW Fellowships and Grants
Offers five grant categories: American Fellowships, Career Development Grants, Community Action Grants, International Fellowships and Selected Professions Fellowships
- American Chemical Society, Francis P. Garvan-John M. Olin Medal
Recognizes distinguished service to Chemistry by women chemist
- American Physical Society, Edward A. Bouchet Award
Awards a distinguished minority physicist who has made significant contributions to physics research
- American Physical Society, Maria Goeppert Mayer Award
Provides a cash award plus a travel allowance to a woman physicist in the early years of her career to provide her opportunities to give lectures in her field at 4 institutions and an APS meeting
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, FASEB Excellence in Science Award
Recognizes outstanding achievement by women in biological science
- Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
Awards to individuals, who have shown academic achievement, are committed to a career in teaching and research at the college/university level, show promise of future achievement as scholars and teachers and are prepared to use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
- Funding Opportunities
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- North Dakota EPSCoR
- Pivot - COS Pivot is a web-based service that provides grant searches and searchable scholar profiles to NDSU employees and students seeking grant opportunities. Access from off campus requires log-in.
- Proposal Preparation
- Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA)