1. Demonstrate clinically expert practice in prevention and intervention that leads to improving the health of individuals, families, communities and populations.
2. Evaluate outcomes of practice and incorporate best evidence in quality improvement methodologies.
3. Translate knowledge from nursing science, ethics, social, biological, and other sciences to benefit practice effectiveness and the health of individuals, families, communities, organizations, and populations.
4. Design, manage and evaluate organizational systems to improve delivery of quality health care.
5. Use technology (information and patient care) to enhance nursing practice for improvement of quality and efficiency of care.
6. Collaborate with other health disciplines and with makers of policy (public and institutional) to create and implement policy and practices that promote accessibility to healthcare and work toward elimination of health disparities.