Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Academic Policies
Effective January 16, 2006
Co-op Credit Policy
Requirements for getting 3 credits for Field Experience ECE 496 (ECE technical elective):
- student must have technical work equivalent to six months full time work.
- student must report to a technical professional, usually in industry, and perform work with adequate technical content (to be determined by the faculty in charge of ECE 496).
- Must have an approved written technical report and oral presentation for successful completion of course (and the report is archived).
- I.P. (intellectual property) issues need to be addressed with the co-op company before completion of written report and oral presentation.
Three Times and Out Policy
- two unsuccessful outcomes (W, F, or less than a C*) for an ECE course must meet with the ECE Academic Committee before being allowed to register for that ECE class for the 3rd time.
- three unsuccessful outcomes (W, F or less than a C*) shall be suspended from the ECE department for a period of 1 year.
* "C" or better policy pertains ONLY to ECE 111, ECE 173, EE 206, and ECE 275
In all ECE courses with laboratory work
- each student must perform each experiment, and
- each student must turn in a report for each experiment
in order to receive a passing grade in the course.