Degree Program: Ph.D. in Environmental and Conservation Sciences
Major Advisor: Dr. Wei Lin
Office: CIE 214D
B. Sc. in Zoology. University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka (2006)
Thesis research: Nitrogen pollution: Influence of N-nitrate pollutant in aquatic environments associated with agro-environs in Mirissa;Matara on development of endemic common arboreal frog, Polypedates cruciger (Amphibia: Rhacophoridae) ex-situ, SRILANKA.
1) Ecology of Aquatic Ecosystems
2) Enviornmental Toxicology
3) Assessing water quality using bio indicators
The main goal of my dissertation is to understand the effects of nutrient enrichment on the structure and function of lake ecosystems.
Awards and Honors
Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand fellowship-2008
1) Balangoda,B.M.A.R., Deepananda,K.H.M.A.,Wegiriya,H.C.E(2009) Bioassay of N-Nitrate pollutant on the survival of aquatic developmental stages of Endemic common tree frog, Polypedates cruciger (Amphibia:Rhacophoridae) under the laboratory conditions; Sixth Academic secession of University of Ruhuna, Matara, Sri Lanka .6: p-18.
2) E.I.L. Silva, B.M.A.R. Balangoda and W.S.D.K. Silva (2008) Colonization and seasonal succession of Cylindrospermopsis raciborskii, alien invasive planktonic algae in dry zone reservoirs in Sri Lanka; National Symposium on Invasive Alien Species, Sri Lanka.
3) E.I.L. Silva, W.S.D.K. Silva, B.M.A.R. Balangoda, K.D.B.Ukuwela, N. Athukorale and S.O.K. Chandrasekara (2008) Evaluation of water quality and pollution status of Kandy surface water network by means of Carbon, Nitrogen and Phosphorous concentrations. ; 14th Annual Scientific Sessions of Sri Lanka Association for Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Sri Lanka.14: p-2
4) Balangoda,B.M.A.R.,Deepananda,K.H.M.A.,Wegiriya,H.C.E.(2007)Nitrogen pollution :Influence of N-nitrate pollutant on development of endemic common arboreal frog, Polypedates cruciger ex-situ in aquatic environment in Mirissa; Fourth Academic secession of University of Ruhuna, Matara, Sri Lanka. 4: p-27.