There is a reason schools and communities throughout the state hire North Dakota State University (NDSU) Leadership program students. The Educational Leadership Program is committed to transforming students' passion for education with the professional and organizational skills necessary to be leaders in and of education who focus on student success.
Graduates from the Educational Leadership Program will gain the knowledge, skills, and expertise to lead others by making informed decisions based on data, engaging in problem solving, planning, research, assessment, collaboration, negotiation, and conflict-resolution.
The principle purpose of the Educational Leadership Program is to provide professional/academic education for individuals preparing for PK-12 leadership and mid-management administrative positions such as:
- elementary school principal
- secondary school principal
- community education director
- staff administrative positions which include:
- school district business managers
- technology coordinators
- curriculum coordinators
- upper echelon adminstrative positions (i.e., superintendent of schools)
- teacher leadership
- leadership roles in higher education settings such as:
- Residence Life
- Student Affairs
The major goals of the program are to:
- Deliver an approved leadership program and credential program to North Dakota Residents.
- Increases the effectiveness of PK-12 teacher leadership thereby increasing student performance.
- Provide professional service to area schools, school districts, and practicing educational administrators and to state and national associations.
- Expand the research on the knowledge base of education, leadership, and the administration of educational programs.