CALL FOR WHITE PAPERS
Cyber Enabled Discovery
White Papers DUE: Noon, September 10, 2008
Full Proposal DUE: January 9, 2008
Call for White Papers-Cyber Enabled Discovery
Printable Version (pdf)
NSF has issued a new RFP called Research Infrastructure Improvement-Track 2 (RII-Track 2)
Awards will provide up to $2 million per year for up to three years to consortia of EPSCoR jurisdictions. Successful proposals must describe a clear, comprehensive, and integrated cyberinfrastructure vision that drives discovery and innovation.
A few (excerpted) examples of research cyberinfrastructure improvement activities include, but are not limited to:
- Deployment and operation of scientific instruments and sensors;
- Integration of existing cyberinfrastructure components delivered as a cohesive collaboration, research and learning environment;
- Integration, validation, and support of software tools, applications, and services needed to enable research and learning across science and engineering disciplines;
- Deployment and support of collaboration tools for large, spatially distributed research groups;
- Integration of collaboration techniques and tools to support virtual organizations (e.g., distance learning activities); and
- Establishment of a repository of validated and verified modeling and simulation tools and components for given research areas (e.g., climate change).
ND EPSCoR leadership has had preliminary discussions with Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming Project Directors and all have agreed in principle to collaborate. We have not identified the lead state. White papers will be reviewed by the Vice Presidents for Research at UND and NDSU with a concurrent review by an external team.
Call for White Papers Checklist:
1. No more than two pages, one-sided, single-spaced, margins ≥ 1”, with no less than a 10-point font.
2. Must include and describe a currently existing collaboration with at least one other EPSCoR state.
3. Identify key ND participants and the lead investigator who will serve as a co-PI for the proposal.
4. Provide as a PDF file simultaneously to both Co-Project Directors:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org