:: Requests for Proposals :: Infrastructure Improvement Programs (IIP) Seed
Grants-NDSU Campus :: Main
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
IIP SEED Grant Opportunity-NDSU Campus
Issued: May 12, 2010
DEADLINE: NOON, June 15, 2010
UPDATED June 7, 2010: Current & Pending Support limited to two pages total.
Printable version (pdf)
IIP Seed Cover Sheet (pdf)
IIP Seed Budget Sheet (Excel)
TO: Faculty in the Sciences, Engineering, and Mathematics
FROM: David R. Givers, Co-Project Director, NDSU
RE: Infrastructure Improvement Program – Seed Grants
ND EPSCoR invites proposals from individual, tenure/tenure-track faculty in sciences, engineering, and mathematics who will initiate a research program in one or more areas supported by the National Science Foundation. Only one proposal per PI is allowed.
Proposals are due in the ND EPSCoR Office by 12 Noon, June 15, 2010. Awards will be announced on or about July 12, 2010. ND EPSCoR anticipates making 8-10 awards. Program funds available: $300,000. The award period will be effective from July 16, 2010 to July 15, 2011. Award recipients will be required to submit a single investigator proposal, based on the funded project, to NSF by September 1, 2011.
1. The NDSU ND EPSCoR Co-Chair and Co-Project Director will select an ad hoc external review committee.
2. All applicants must provide an alphabetized list of 6 to 8 potential reviewers (including full names, addresses, fax, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses) exclusive of prior mentors or collaborators (including former students and postdoctoral associates). Additional referees with appropriate expertise may be consulted to aid the review process. Failure to submit this list could prevent the evaluation of a proposal.
3. Individuals who contact their reviewers regarding the proposals will be disqualified and not eligible for funding.
4. A portion of funds will be targeted for faculty with active research programs, a recent history of submitting proposals (previous two years being most relevant), did not receive renewal funding within the previous two years, and unable to fund existing graduate student assistantship commitment(s). Researchers in this category must submit a separate letter, not as a part of the proposal, requesting this consideration.
Primary evaluation criteria:
1. Scientific and technical merits of the proposed research.
2. Potential for submitting competitive research proposals to NSF within the award period.
Other evaluation criteria include but are not limited to:
- The potential to contribute to the education of future scientists, engineers, and mathematicians.
- Level of prior and current support from ND EPSCoR.
Check List Requirements: (Submit BOTH paper and electronic versions)
Proposal Paper Copies: NDSU Proposal Transmittal Form is not required. Deliver to Res 1, Suite 142.
- Original + 3 (all versions stapled).
- Alphabetized list of potential reviewers as a separate document with Original only. See key point 2 above.
Proposal Electronic Copy: Send complete proposal, as a single PDF file, to email@example.com . Attach reviewers list as separate file. ND EPSCoR may refuse to review any proposal that does not comply with checklist.
Submit in the Following Order:
- ND EPSCoR Cover page−available at the top of this page.
- Executive Summary−Distinct from the Project Description. One page limit.
- Project Description−No more than 8 double-spaced, one-sided pages, margins ≥ 1”, ≥ a 10-point font.
- References cited.
- Facilities and equipment description relevant to the proposed research. No more than one page.
- CV−NSF style. Include current and pending support and list of collaborators within last four years (students, post docs, and advisor) Two page limit total.
- NSF style budget sheet available at the top of this page and budget justification. Travel expenses cannot exceed $1,500. Indirect costs not allowed. Equipment purchases (> $5,000) not allowed.
Please direct questions to David R. Givers at 231.7516 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
For information about ND EPSCoR and other funding opportunities, please visit the Website at www.ndepscor.nodak.edu