Campus Improvements News/Updates
Updated September 12, 2014
Please check our website each week for important project updates and information relating to the improvement of our Campus. While we make every effort to keep this list current, there may be delays and adjustments by our team or outside contractors due to weather and other unforeseen consequences. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 231-7911.We ask you to please exercise caution when you are around construction areas.
Street Closures/Interruptions - UPDATED! 09/12/2014
Monday – New water line north of Centennial Blvd will be fused and placed along the east side curb line.
Tuesday – Dig pot hole near Loftsgard chiller. Pull new water line north and south from this center point. Gate City Bank Auditorium will not have water Tuesday – Friday.
Tuesday - Work associated with the storm water drains at the Library, Albrecht closed Tuesday - Friday.
Wednesday – Start water line replacement into Waldron Hall. Possibly start work on sewer replacement into Stevens Hall.
Thursday – Friday - Finish associated work with items listed above.
Vehicle access will be limited during this time.
Week of September 22th – Start work on the intersection of Centennial Blvd and Bolley Drive. Access to Bolley Drive north of Centennial will be through B Lot during this time.
- T2 Lot is being expanded and is complete. This will be a Staff Parking Lot and will also have a pay feature, as well.
- AD Lot is being completely reconstructed and will have an additional 30 parking spaces after the construction and the removal of the old Post Office. This lot complete and has reopened.
- BH Lot at Barry Hall is being reconstructed and is complete.
- FLC – Work is under way in the new Food Production Lab. This is scheduled to be completed by September 12, 2014.
- Ceres Hall – The remainder of the windows will be replaced this summer and some miscellaneous tuck pointing will be completed. Work is scheduled to begin on August 4, 2014.
- Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse – The fire alarm has been upgraded in this building and the lighting in the gym has also been replaced. These projects are complete.
- Morrill Hall – The fire alarm system is being upgraded in this building. Work is ongoing.
- FLC, Waldron, Hultz, BBFH, Shepperd, Gate City Bank Auditorium – Exterior doors in these buildings are complete.
- Automatic Door Operators - Automatic door operator to South doors at Sudro – better access to classrooms 26 and 27
- Automatic door operator to East doors of Loftsgard
- Automatic door operator to South doors of Waldron
- Extra set of doors between Hultz and Dunbar skywalk removed – only fire doors remain and are propped open during the day
- Automatic door operator to new ADA computer cluster in QBB
- Improved ADA seating in Van Es auditorium – removable seating for wheelchair space at the top and additional accessible seating on several row ends. This work has been completed.
- Sudro – Construction continues on a new simulation lab in Room 127.
- South Engineering – Men’s and Women’s bathrooms have been remodeled.
- Dinan Hall – Renovations of bathrooms. This is ongoing.
- Stockbridge Hall – Phase 2 of the bathroom renovations will complete the bathrooms in this Residence Hall.
- Elevator Upgrades – Upgrades should get underway around August 4 in South Engineering, QBB passenger and Old Main. The Memorial Union freight elevator is currently being upgraded.
- Roof Replacements Underway – Ag and Bio Engineering, Sevrinson Hall. These roofs have been completed
- Sidewalks / Steps – Sidewalk work has been completed in front of Askanase, from Stockbridge Hall to University Avenue and some sidewalks in University Village. We have also repaired the steps on the West entrance to Sudro Hall.
- Bike Pads – Additional bike pads have been added at Sudro Hall and Loftsgard Hall.
- Pocket Parks – We have completed the installation of 6 new pocket parks. Three are located on Centennial Boulevard, near Shepperd Arena, two between Old Main and Burgum Hall and one just outside the main entrance doors to the Library. Lighting will be added the week of September 8, 2014 to the parks around Shepperd Arena.
New Buildings Under Construction
New for Fall 2014
- Ceres Hall – Window replacement of 130 windows, spot tuck-pointing and replacement of window air conditioners
- Stevens Hall – – replace remaining windows not updated last year, elevator replacement, partial 2nd floor asbestos abatement of the flooring and renovated the north entrance for better ADA assessibility
- Memorial Union – Freight elevator upgrade
- Van Es – Replacement of auditorium seating
- Old Main – Cooling and some asbestos abatement work
- South Engineering – Install a/c in classrooms
- Sheppard – Install a/c in classrooms
- Sudro Hall – Nursing Simulation Lab
- Morrill Hall – Update fire alarm system
- BBFH – New fire alarm system & new lighting in volleyball/basketball area
- FLC – Food Production Lab
- Update numerous bathrooms in academic buildings
- Exterior door replacements – numerous academic buildings
- Dinan Hall – Bathroom Renovation
- Stockbridge Hall - Phase 2 Bathroom Renovation
- Sevrinson Hall – Re roof
- Seim Hall – Sanitary line replacement and storm sewer line replacement
- Pocket Parks – 3 by Sheppard Arena, 2 by Old Main / Burgum, 1 by Library, 1 by Music Bldg.