Campus Improvements News/Updates
Updated May 13, 2015
Please check our website each week for important project updates and information relating to the improvement of our Campus. While we make every effort to keep this list current, there may be delays and adjustments by our team or outside contractors due to weather and other unforeseen consequences. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 231-7911.We ask you to please exercise caution when you are around construction areas.
- 12th Avenue and Bolley - Utility disconnections have been completed and the East bound lanes on 12th Avenue should be reopened this week.
- MU Lot is being expanded will begin after CI Nelson is demolished the last week of May.
- The North ½ of R Lot is being completely reconstructed and will incorporate the old tennis courts into the design. The South ½ of R Lot will be completed in the summer of 2016. This lot will have nearly 1000 parking spaces in it when it is fully completed.
- T Lot will be expanded by approximately 50 spaces when Thordarson Hall is demolished after school is out.
- Ehly Hall – Ehly Hall remains closed for remodeling and will reopen for the Fall Semester.
- Architecture – Phase 1 of the Architecture remodeling is scheduled to begin after school is out in May.
- Music Building – Work will commence on May 20 to construct a new front entrance.
- Stevens Hall – A project to add a new on grade entrance on the North side of the building will begin around May 18, 2015.
- Heating Plant – Work is currently underway to replace our largest gas boiler at the Heating Plant this summer. The new boiler will be operational in time of the 2015 / 2016 heating season.
- EML Window Replacement – Work continues on the window replacement at EML.
- Dinan Hall – New sewer and water service to Dinan will begin on May 20, 2015.
- Reed Hall – Phase 1 of the bathroom renovations will begin in this Residence Hall the week of May 26, 2015.
- Union Dining Center – A project to expand the Union Dining Center will be completed this summer.
- Old Main – Tuck-pointing at Old Main has begun and will be completed throughout the summer. Old Main will also be receiving new windows. This area will be dusty and noisy, as they grind the mortar out of the joints to prepare for new mortar.
- QBB Power System Upgrade – QBB will be getting a new, larger generator and an upgraded electrical service. This project will be commencing in the next few weeks.
- Library – There are two larger projects currently scheduled for the Library 20D. Project number one will be upgrading and modifying data and electrical outlets in the room. There will also be a cooling project that will take place in this room, which will house the new Math Emporium.
- Elevator Upgrades – Upgrades will be completed on Loftsgard, Dolve and NCI this summer.
- Roof Replacements – Beginning on May 18, (unless otherwise noted) the following roofs, or portions of them, will be replaced on Campus.
- Heating Plant
- Reed (starting week of May 26)
- Hultz (starting week of April 27)
- Thorson (starting week of May 4)
- Stevens / Gate City Bank Auditorium
- Sidewalks / Steps – Sidewalk work will be ongoing with work being done at the following locations:
- Shepperd Arena
- Loftsgard West Side
- LLC Motorcycle pad addition
- Barry Hall
- Minard Hall Sidewalk and railings
- RDC Bus Stop
- Criminal Justice Sidewalk repair
- Ladd Hall accessible ramp
- Memorial Union – South Side
- South Engineering
- Auxiliary / University Police and Safety
- Irrigation – We are currently completing irrigation installations at Shepperd Arena, the Engineering Complex, QBB and FLC / EML.
New Buildings Under Construction
- Electrical Engineering and Architecture – The fire alarm will be replaced and some upgrades to the main electrical service will occur. These buildings will be without power Monday, May 18 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM and (tentatively) Thursday, May 21 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM.
- CIE and CME – An upgrade to the electrical service in these buildings will take place and the buildings will be without power Monday, May 18 - Friday, May 22.