Campus Improvements News/Updates
Updated October 6, 2014
Please check our website each week for important project updates and information relating to the improvement of our Campus. While we make every effort to keep this list current, there may be delays and adjustments by our team or outside contractors due to weather and other unforeseen consequences. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 231-7911.We ask you to please exercise caution when you are around construction areas.
Bolley Drive Water and Sewer Project - Work continues on this project. Expect minor traffic delays and intermittent street closures.
- Ceres Hall – The remainder of the windows to be replaced is nearly complete. The project should be completed by October 31, 2014.
- Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse –Work commenced the week of September 29 on the installation of drain tile.
- FLC, Waldron, Hultz, BBFH, Shepperd, Gate City Bank Auditorium – Exterior doors in these buildings are complete.
- Automatic Door Operators - Automatic door operator to South doors at Sudro – better access to classrooms 26 and 27
- Automatic door operator to East doors of Loftsgard
- Automatic door operator to South doors of Waldron
- Extra set of doors between Hultz and Dunbar skywalk removed – only fire doors remain and are propped open during the day
- Automatic door operator to new ADA computer cluster in QBB
- Sudro – Construction continues on a new simulation lab in Room 127.
- Dinan Hall – Renovations of bathrooms. This project will be completed over Winter Break 2014.
- Stockbridge Hall – Phase 2 of the bathroom renovations is complete for bathrooms in this Residence Hall.
- Loftsgard Hall - Roof work commenced on this building on October and should be completed by October 31, 2014.
- Elevator Upgrades – Upgrades should get underway around August 4 in South Engineering, QBB passenger and Old Main. The Memorial Union freight elevator is currently being upgraded.
- Roof Replacements Underway – Ag and Bio Engineering, Sevrinson Hall. These roofs have been completed
- Sidewalks / Steps – Sidewalk work has been completed in front of Askanase, from Stockbridge Hall to University Avenue and some sidewalks in University Village. We have also repaired the steps on the West entrance to Sudro Hall.
- Bike Pads – Additional bike pads have been added at Sudro Hall and Loftsgard Hall.
- Pocket Parks – We have completed the installation of 6 new pocket parks. Three are located on Centennial Boulevard, near Shepperd Arena, two between Old Main and Burgum Hall and one just outside the main entrance doors to the Library. Lighting has been added to the parks around Shepperd Arena.
- Irrigation - We are currently completing irrigation installations at Ceres, Van Es and Auxiliary this fall.
New Buildings Under Construction
- Electrical Engineering – The fire alarm will be replaced and some upgrades to the main electrical service will occur.
- CIE – An upgrade to the electrical service in this building is currently in design.
- Irrigation – Shepperd Auditorium, Engineering complex.
New for Fall 2014
- Ceres Hall – Window replacement of 130 windows, spot tuck-pointing and replacement of window air conditioners
- Stevens Hall – – replace remaining windows not updated last year, elevator replacement, partial 2nd floor asbestos abatement of the flooring and renovated the north entrance for better ADA assessibility
- Memorial Union – Freight elevator upgrade
- Van Es – Replacement of auditorium seating
- Old Main – Cooling and some asbestos abatement work
- South Engineering – Install a/c in classrooms
- Sheppard – Install a/c in classrooms
- Sudro Hall – Nursing Simulation Lab
- Morrill Hall – Update fire alarm system
- BBFH – New fire alarm system & new lighting in volleyball/basketball area
- FLC – Food Production Lab
- Update numerous bathrooms in academic buildings
- Exterior door replacements – numerous academic buildings
- Dinan Hall – Bathroom Renovation
- Stockbridge Hall - Phase 2 Bathroom Renovation
- Sevrinson Hall – Re roof
- Seim Hall – Sanitary line replacement and storm sewer line replacement
- Pocket Parks – 3 by Sheppard Arena, 2 by Old Main / Burgum, 1 by Library, 1 by Music Bldg.