Hooten to Perform with NDSU Wind Symphony
October 1, 2012
The North Dakota State University Wind Symphony is pleased to announce guest performer Thomas Hooten, principal trumpet with the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Hooten will present a solo recital on Thursday, October 11 at 7:30 PM in Beckwith Recital Hall in addition to being the featured performer with the Wind Symphony on Friday, October 12 at 7:30 PM in Festival Concert Hall. Tickets to the October 12 performance are $5 for adults and $2 for students and seniors.
Hooten has held the principal trumpet position with many well-known ensembles, including the Los Angeles Philharmonic, the Indianapolis Symphony, and Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. He has been the featured soloist with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, United States Air Force Band, and the Richmond Symphony Orchestra in addition to presenting master classes and recitals at Juilliard, Northwestern University, San Francisco Conservatory, and more.
While at NDSU, Hooten will present several clinics and master classes, all of which are free and open to the public. See the schedule below for dates, times, and locations.
Thomas Hooten is a Yamaha Artist. For more information, please visit www.ndsu.edu/finearts or call 701.231.7969.
Wednesday, October 10
- Master Class with Thomas Hooten, 2-3:30 PM, Beckwith Recital Hall
Thursday, October 11
- Master Class with Thomas Hooten, 3:30-5:00 PM, Beckwith Recital Hall
- Thomas Hooten Solo Recital, 7:30 PM, Beckwith Recital Hall
Friday, October 12
- Master Class with Thomas Hooten, 2-3:00 PM, Beckwith Recital Hall
- NDSU Wind Symphony with Thomas Hooten, 7:30 PM, Festival Concert Hall. Adults: $5, students/seniors: $2