Departmental Advance FORWARD Award
An award of $5000 is given to an academic department that makes the greatest effort in supporting and advancing gender equity in one or more of the five areas/goals established in the NSF Advance Grant.
- Improve Climate: Strategies to improve climate in the department and narrow the gap between menís and womenís perceptions of the campus climate.
- Enhance Recruitment: Employing recruiting strategies to recruit women, women of color, and women with disabilities.
- Increase Retention: Strategies to retain women in the department through probationary period and the promotion/tenure process.
- Promote and Advance Women: Strategies to support women associate professors as they move to full professor, and hire advanced women.
- Create Leadership Opportunities: Strategies to promote women faculty in academic leadership positions.
List of Awardees
2009-2010: Biological Sciences. Presented at the FORWARD Fall Kick-Off Event in September 2010 with guest speaker Barbara Ehrenreich.
2010-2011: Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences. Presented at the 2011 Fall Kick-off Event.
2011-2012: Department of Animal Sciences. Presented at the 2012 Fall Kick-off Event.