Promotion to Professor Task Force and Panels
The Promotion to Professor Task Force (PPTF) was created as part of Advance FORWARD’s mid-career mentoring program and the PROMOTE program, which is funded by an NSF ADVANCE PAID grant. The goal of the task force is to help more associate professors successfully apply for promotion to professor. To this end the task force serves as a campus liaison to the Vice Provost for Advancement of Faculty.
Membership of the PPTF consists of a faculty representative from each of the academic colleges and one academic dean or associate dean. The dean/associate dean will serve as the facilitator. The Vice Provost for Advancement of Faculty will serve as an Ex-Officio member. Members will be appointed by the Vice Provost for the Advancement of Faculty in consultation with the Academic Deans and the current Task Force members. Members will typically serve 2-year terms and may be reappointed. Membership terms begin with the first meeting in the fall semester.
Activities of the Task Force include:
- Offering workshops/panels on promotion.
- Providing tips on when and how to prepare for promotion.
- Discussing policy related to promotion, and recommending changes.
- Serving as a liaison to the academic colleges on matters of promotion and criteria for promotion and tenure.
- Reviewing relevant data on promotions (use NSF 12 indicators).
You can find Past Promotion to Professor Panels on the bottom of the Mid-career Peer Mentoring Program page.