Academics Services Graduate Assistant
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Kelli Layman at email@example.com by April 18, 2014 (position open until filled).
Date of employment: August 15, 2014 - May 15, 2015.
Stipend: $4,500 per semester and a full tuition waiver.
Supervision: Will report to Associate Director Athletic Academics within the Office of Student Support Programs.
Location: Housed in Lower Level of West Dining Center, ACE
Hours: 20 hours per week this will include some evening hours and weekends
• Serving as a mentor to student-athletes and assist in carrying out athletic academic enhancement programs – 80%
Duties may include: Administer grade check processes; complete degree progress checks after registration; develop student athlete policy book/academic calendar; counsel and refer students experiencing academic difficulties; assist with academic orientation for new student-athletes; staff athletics promotional table at Discover NDSU events.
• Assist in administering tutoring and other academic enhancement programs – 10%
Duties may include: Assist in monitoring student behavior; complete weekly attendance reports; provide periodic on-site supervision of the ACE program; assist in training ACE staff; communicate student-athlete academic issues with coaches/athletic staff.
• Assist in teaching a study skills course – 5%
Duties may include: Team teach section of EDUC 123, Study Skills; coordinate study skills sessions as needed; coordinate outside speakers on academic success.
• Other duties as assigned – 5%
• Customer Service
Provide model customer service at all times to students, staff, faculty, and NDSU guests.
• Work Safely
Follow safety rules; help identify unsafe working conditions; stop co-workers who are working in an unsafe manner
- Admitted graduate student at NDSU in a degree program (cannot be a non-degree Masters student)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated administrative ability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Experience in athletics