Other Helpful Resources
Career Center Videos—short videos related to job searching http://www.ndsu.edu/career/
CareerLink Account: http://www.ndsu.edu/career/my_careerlink_account/
Career Center Resources: http://www.ndsu.edu/career/job_search_resources/
LinkedIn Presentation—using effectively—available through Career Center.
To access the LinkedIn videos:
- Students will need to log into the CAREERlink system - https://ndsu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- Click on the Announcement “Using LinkedIn to Aid in Your Job Search”.
- Follow the directions to access the videos through the URL given.
- Input the Username and Password given
- Click on the “NDSU Career Center”
- View recordings
Graduate Center for Writers
The Graduate Center for Writers provides the following for graduate students:
- 50-minute one-on-one writing consulting sessions.
- Assistance at every stage of the writing process, from brainstorming ideas to organizing the document to final editing.
- Assistance on any type of document, including disquisitions, papers for publication, class papers, grant applications, proposals, presentations, job applications, and even email correspondence.
Please set up appointments through our website: http://www.ndsu.edu/cfwriters/
Graduate Student Support Group (NDSU Counseling Center)
Open to any NDSU graduate student. Group focus is to provide a safe place for students to meet one another, discuss challenges and struggles they may be experiencing while working in their graduate program or within the personal life, and to be able to build friendships and offer support to fellow graduate students across academic disciplines. Fridays, 12:30-2:00. If interested, please contact Amber Bach-Gorman at 231-7671 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introduction to Mindfulness Workshop
Mindfulness is a way of being that involves bringing awareness to the unfolding of present experience, moment-to-moment, with curiosity, openness, and acceptance. Much more than a relaxation technique or concentration skill, mindfulness entails a way of being that can open the door to a whole new way of experiencing and responding to the inevitable “ups and downs” of life. The goal of the workshop will be to plant seeds from which participants can grow their own.
This free 8-week workshop will meet weekly on Thursdays from 2:30-4:00 p.m. from February 20th through April 17th (no meeting on March 20th during spring break) in the Counseling Center group room.
Advance registration is necessary by the end of the day Friday 2/14, to appropriately plan for the number of participants. To sign up, please call the Counseling Center front desk at 231-7671 during business hours.
Meditation for Stress Management Group
Weekly group offers an opportunity to get together with other NDSU students, faculty, and staff to learn and practice mindfulness meditation for increased awareness, presence, and well-being--in an informal, friendly environment. All levels are welcome, from complete beginners to experienced practitioners. No advance registration, weekly commitment or special equipment necessary--feel free to show up any time during the semester if interested!
Meets weekly at the Counseling Center on Mondays from 3:00-4:00 (no meetings on university holidays).