Page numbers must appear on each page of the disquisition, except for the Title page and the Disquisition Approval page.
- Font – Page numbers must use the same type and size of font as the rest of your disquisition.
- Margins - Margins for page numbers must be at least 0.75 inches from the bottom edge of the page, but they must not intrude into the text of the body of the disquisition. For more information about page numbers, and for help to set up page numbers in your disquisition, contact the Technology Learning & Media Center (TLMC).
- Location - Page numbers must be located at the bottom center of the page, and in portrait orientation.
- If you have a table or a figure that uses landscape orientation, then page numbers must still appear in portrait orientation. This ensures that if your disquisition is printed, all of the page numbers appear consistently throughout the document.
- Appearance – In the prefatory material (such as the Abstract, Table of Contents, List of Tables, etc.), page numbers must use lower-case Roman numbers (such as iii, iv, v, and so on).
- In the body of the disquisition (including Chapters, Tables, References, Appendices, etc.), page numbers must use Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, and so on). The first page of the first chapter must be identified as page 1.
back to Format Guidelines