The Title page must appear as the first page of the document.
Download the Title page template file and type your information into the appropriate fields. Then, you can copy and paste the file into your disquisition.
Example: For an example of a Title page in the correct format and the fields that need to be personalized, download the example file.
- Alignment – All content on the Title page must be centered to the page. Do not indent the center alignment.
- Font and Margins – The font on the Title page must be the same size and type as the rest of your disquisition. The margins must also be the same size as the rest of your disquisition (1 inch minimum).
- Page numbers –Page numbers should NOT be visible on the Title page.
- Required information – The following information must be personalized on the Title page:
- Title of disquisition - Centered at the top of the page, double spaced (line spacing 2.0), and in ALL CAPS. Do not force a line break in the title, but allow it to naturally extend to the margins.
- Type of disquisition – Identify whether it is a thesis, a paper, or a dissertation.
- Your full name – No abbreviations or initials. This is for identification purposes.
- Type of degree – Such as “Master of Arts”, “Master of Science”, “Doctor of Philosophy”, and so on. Written in ALL CAPS.
- Major department or program – Use “Major Department:” or “Major Program:”, then identify the department or program on the line underneath the label.
- Month and year of final examination