ROGER AND NANCY GRESS FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP
One scholarship of $500 will be awarded to a student enrolled in the College of Human Development and Education. Preference given to Human Development and Family Science/Elementary Education or Dietetics majors. Applicants must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or greater, participate in an NDSU student organization or community event or organization and be a sophomore or junior taking a minimum of 12 graded credits at time of award disbursement.
IDA B. AND VERLIN K. JOHNSON MEMORIAL FAMILY ENDOWMENT
One award of $430 will be awarded to a student majoring in Human Development and Family Science. Selection criteria: must be of junior or senior standing during the year of receiving the scholarship, and must have a cumulative GPA in the top 25% of the individual's class, with a minimum GPA of 2.7. Recipient must be taking a minimum of 12 graded credits, and enrolled in the College of Human Development and Education for at least two semesters at the time of application and disbursement of award. Applicant cannot receive more than two other scholarships during the same year.
HARRIETT LIGHT SCHOLARSHIP
One scholarship of $1000 will be awarded to student majoring in Human Development and Family Science or Human Development and Family Science/Elementary Education. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher, active membership in either HDFS Club or Elementary Education Club, involvement in extracurricular activity (community involvement, employment, etc.). Financial need will be considered when other qualifications are equal. Recipients must be a senior and taking a minimum of 12 graded credits at time of award disbursement.
JEAN AND LISA PEDERSON MEMORIAL AWARD
One award of $540 will be awarded to an outstanding junior or senior majoring in Human Development and Family Science or Human Development/Elementary Education. Selection criteria: academic aptitude, character, and vocational promise. Recipient must be taking a minimum of 12 graded credits at time of award disbursement.
FRED R. AND HILDEGARDE M. TAYLOR MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
One award of $1000 will be awarded to a major within the College of Human Development and Education with preference given to Elementary Education/Human Development and Family Science Dual Degree or Dietetics majors. Selection criteria includes sophomore, junior or senior at time of disbursement; cumulative 3.0 GPA or greater; participate in NDSU student organization and/or community event or organization.
Procedures for successful submission of applications:
Review the scholarship listing which you will find on this page and choose a scholarship you would like to apply for and follow these instructions.
1. Download the PDF application(s) from this website and save this PDF application on your hard drive;
2. Open the PDF application using Adobe Reader, version 8 or newer (you may not use "Preview" on a MAC to fill this form). If you do not have this available to you, Adobe Reader may be downloaded free at this link: http://www.adobe.com/
3. Add your data to the PDF application at your convenience and save the PDF on your hard drive;
4. Copy the PDF on your hard drive so that you have a back-up;
5. Log in to this Web site: https://apps.ndsu.edu/pdfupload/ using the log in name and password that you use when logging in to Blackboard
6. Select the receiving department (HDE);
7. Select the form from the drop down list of available forms for the receiving department that you selected; and
8. Upload the copy of the PDF application to this Web site. Once your PDF is uploaded, you can click the "Click here for a receipt" button to ensure that the form has been received. Your application is not complete until you upload it to this web site. You may print a copy of the PDF application for your records, but you may not print the application and hand it in or mail it to the college.
If you have any questions, please contact the Dean's Office at 231-8211.
REMEMBER: Be sure to observe the criteria and deadline for each scholarship. Student academic records will be checked to verify that the recipient is enrolled in the College of Human Development and Education at the time of disbursement and is meeting all remaining requirements. It is the student's responsibility to submit scholarship applications.