WELCOME FROM THE DEPARTMENT HEAD
Hello and welcome to the home page for the Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies at NDSU. These are exciting times for our department, as we welcome new undergraduate and graduate students for the 2011-2012 academic year and as we continue to internationalize our curriculum.
Questions about the programs and degrees we offer can be sent to me at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be delighted to hear from you!
Thank you for your interest in our department.
Dr. John K. Cox
Professor and Department Head
The Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies has moved to Putnam Hall. The main office is located in 2 Putnam Hall. Our mailing address is as follows:
Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies
North Dakota State University
2 Putnam Hall
PO Box 6050 Dept. 2340
Fargo ND 58108-6050
Email the department Click Here
What does this department have for me?
- Over 50 undergraduate courses, in European, American, Latin American, Asian, and Australian history, and courses in Ethics, Contemporary Moral Issues, Philosophy of Literature, and much, much more.
- An award-winning faculty committed to undergraduate teaching at all levels.
- Open and accessible advisors and teachers.
- Scholarships totaling $9,000 or more awarded every year in History and Philosophy.
- Flexible majors, emphasizing student choice and interest. Public History internships at historic sites and museums all over the United States.
History Club, drawn from our population of 120 majors, which is connected to Phi Alpha Theta, the National History Honor Society
- Philosophy Club
Useful Information and Links for Students of History
From the American Historical Association http://www.historians.org/index.cfm
What can you do with an undergraduate degree in history? http://www.historians.org/pubs/Free/careers/Index.htm
Careers for Students of History http://www.historians.org/pubs/careers/index.htm