Dietitian Education Program
The Mission of the Dietitian Education Program in Dietetics at North Dakota State University is to prepare competent professionals as entry-level Registered Dietitians for positions in clinical, food service or community nutrition or to pursue careers in a food, nutrition or related field.
Program Goals and Measurable Outcomes
Goal 1: The program will provide comprehensive educational and clinical experiences to enable students to develop competencies needed to function as successful entry-level general practitioners in the profession of dietetics.
- Over a five – year period, 70% or more of dietetic graduates who sought employment in dietetics will be employed within 12 months of program completion.
- Over a five – year period, 80% of CP students will rank clinical instructors, and the quality of the practicum course as above average, as evidenced by a rating of 4 or above (on a 5 point Likert scale).
- 80% of students will agree that NDSU dietetics faculty provide high quality instruction.
- 90% of program graduates will be satisfied with the CP
Goal 2: The program will retain well-qualified candidates
- Alumni achieve a pass rate of 80% or above for first-time attempts on the Registration Exam over a five year period.
- ≥ 90% of graduate will rate their work performance, compared to other dietitians from other programs as “about the same” or “above average”.
- ≥ 90% of graduates’ employers will rate work performance, as compared to graduates from other dietetic programs, as “about the same” or “above average”.
- ≥ 90% or more of all students enrolled in HNES 351 (Metabolism) will graduate with a degree in Dietetics within 3 years (150% of the time planned for completion).
- ≥ 80% or more of all alumni responding to graduate surveys will be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and 25% or more will be in a leadership role in a professional organization.
*Program outcome data is available upon request.
DEP Program Costs
Tuition and Fees: http://www.ndsu.edu/admission/cost_tuition/cost/
Program Fee: $750.00 per semester
Estimated additional costs:
In addition to program and class fees, there may be some additional costs associated with the program, which are listed below. We are not able to provide exact amounts of these costs, so be aware that the sum of money listed with each item are estimates. This list is not meant to be all-inclusive but is included to guide your financial planning
Name Tag: $ 10.00
Criminal Background Check: $ 30.00 (required)
Mantoux Test: $ 8.00 per year (required)
Student Membership in The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: $ 50.00 per year (required)
Student Association of Nutrition and Dietetics Membership: $ 7.00 per year (required)
Books: $500.00 per semester
Drug test: Cost varies (not required by NDSU but may be required by clinical sites)
Criminal Background Check: $60
Mantoux test: $20
Varicella titer: $75
Flu Shot: $20