Approximately 60 percent of NDSUís operating budget is invested in the people who work here. People are the most valuable asset at NDSU. The role of the manager is perhaps the most important in creating a supportive work environment where people can function at their highest potential to advance NDSU's mission.
Below are just a few examples of how your role as a manager helps impact recruitment, productivity, retention and job satisfaction:
- Hiring the right people.
- Supporting your staff members so they can develop and reach their potential.
- Setting goals and challenge staff to reach beyond their current grasp.
- Reinforcing with your staff how what they do contributes to and makes a difference in advancing NDSU as a student-focused, land-grant, research university.
- Recognizing and rewarding your staff's accomplishments.
- Holding staff members accountable for not meeting expected performance or behavior standards.
- Ensuring a safe work environment.
- Communicating information that impacts your staff's job, benefits or employment policies.
- Providing context and rationale for institutional or departmental changes.
The information and resources on this site are designed to support and assist you in being more effective in fulfilling your role as a manager at NDSU.
NDSU Policy 100 - Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
NDSU Policy 100.1 - Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities and Reasonable Accommodation
NDSU Policy 144 - Worker's Compensation
NDSU Policy 153 - Smoke-Free Facilities
NDSU Policy 110 - Employment of Relatives
NDSU Policy 162 - Sexual Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 162.1 - Consensual Relationships
NDSU Policy 163 - Anti-Harassment Policy
NDSU Policy 163.1 - Workplace Violence
NDSU Policy 213 - Rest Periods
NDSU Policy 214 - Work Week
NDSU Policy 155 - Alcohol and Other Drugs - Unlawful Use by Students, Faculty and Staff
NDSU Policy 156 - Equal Opportunity Grievance Procedures
NDSU Policy 157 - Grievance Procedures - General
NDSU Policy 710 - Computer and Electronic Communications Facilities
News and Announcements
2013 Red River Valley Fair Ticket Information
Published: 17 May 2013 01:12 PM
The NDSU HR/Payroll Office now has 2013 Red River Valley Fair tickets available to sell to NDSU employees. Only cash or checks (made payable to RRVF) will be accepted. No refunds. The ticket options...
Update on Policy 153: Smoke-Free Facilities
Published: 26 April 2013 09:02 AM
NDSU Policy 153: Smoke-Free Facilities has been updated to include e-cigarettes. Please see the definition below which is outlined in policy 153. For the purpose of this policy,...
Upcoming Changes in Paperwork for Temporary and Student Employees
Published: 23 April 2013 12:18 PM
Effective May 1, 2013, Bison Connection will no longer distribute or accept HR/Payroll paperwork for new temporary and student employees who are starting jobs on the Fargo campus. All new or...