Because driving in winter conditions is fraught with hazards . . .
Adjusting to Winter Behind the Wheel
Because driving in winter conditions is fraught with hazards such as icy roads, poor visibility and the threat of snowstorms, ask yourself the following questions before you get behind the wheel and put your safety at risk:
- Is this trip absolutely necessary?
- Do I need to drive a car to get to my destination?
- Are roads icy?
- Is visibility okay across my entire route?
- How can I make the trip safer?
- How can I maintain my vehicle to keep my drive safe?
- Do I have what I need if there's an emergency