The new employee benefits session is a small group session where your benefits package will be presented. The session is approximately an hour long and gives you the opportunity to ask questions and receive detailed information regarding your benefits.
Please bring with you:
- Identification to complete your I-9 form
- Bank account information to set up direct deposit
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Passport (fills all requirements)
- A certified birth certificate or social security card AND photo ID (i.e. drivers license or NDSU ID card)
All benefits related paperwork must be completed and returned to Human Resources/Payroll within 31 days of the new employee’s start date.
How to Get an ID Card
To obtain a Bison Card, please bring with you:
- A government issued photo ID (i.e. drivers license or military ID) or Passport
- Your employee ID number
- $20 cash, check or you may charge this to your account. If you are a full-time benefitted staff, your department will pay this fee. Please bring a signed letter or note from your department stating that you are a new hire.
For more information about Bison Cards, please visit the Bison Card Center.
The Village EAP New Employee Presentation
NDSU’s Employee Assistance Program is offered through The Village EAP. Please take a moment to view the new employee welcome video .
Employee may also access online resources at http://villageeap.com/ and use the username NDSU.
Transportation and Parking
Please talk to your supervisor about where you should park on your first day. Additional information, including bus routes, is available at Parking and Transportation Services.