Read Around the Planet (RAP)
February 22 – March 5, 2010
Celebrate literacy by connecting to a partner classroom by videoconference. Share a favorite story, skit, poem or other literary work. Learn about each other and make new friends!
More details for RAP 2010
Target Audience: K-12
- North Dakota’s own similar event, Read Across North Dakota (RAND), is modeled after this grandfather of Literacy Celebrations.
- Now in it’s seventh year, RAP provides an opportunity for teachers and students around the globe to share their favorite literary works in real time using videoconferencing technology.
- There is no cost to participate. The event is available via live point-to-point videoconference between classes around the world. Once registered, your class is matched to another similar classroom somewhere in the U.S. or another country.
- On the day of your RAP event, you'll have one hour of connection by videoconference to share your favorite piece of literature and learn more about each other.
- Test calls and rehearsals will be required for all participants to ensure quality video and audio.
Teachers! Please make sure to read the RAP Teacher Instructions for information on helping you and your class prepare for your RAP event!
Check out the RAP site to learn more about this event and view archived events.
RAP Verification and Registration
- Please Note! For all participating schools in North Dakota, EduTech and NDSU will facilitate the verification, registration, test calls and event scheduling with TWICE.
- Sept. 8 through Jan. 9 Verification: Preparation by EduTech & School Technology contacts
- December 1 - January 14 Teacher Registration
- January 15-24 Leftover Registration
- By January 26 Login and view your matched partner details.
- February Techs do test calls & teachers talk to each other.
- February 23-March 6 RAP Connections occur.