ITS Support Policy for Video Rooms
The support provided by the Classroom Technologies Group for classes, meetings, and other events scheduled in the following video rooms: EML 170, EML 171, EML 183 and IACC 422 is as follows:
For classes that NDSU hosts:
Dedicated technician coverage is provided.
For meetings and other events attended by NDSU faculty, staff, and students:
The Classroom Technologies Group will:
- Open the room
- Turn on the equipment
- Assist with roll call
- Connect a laptop computer to the videoconferencing equipment
- Provide a phone number for troubleshooting assistance. (Note: The technician will not be in the room.)
- For $10/hour, a technician is available to facilitate the event (i.e., to switch between cameras and other peripherals).
Services provided at no charge:
- Recommend videoconferencing equipment that meets campus and state standards
- Maintain contact information for all IP-based video units located on campus
- Maintain a database of videoconference systems used at NDSU
- Coordinate the scheduling of the dedicated IVN videoconferencing rooms
- Serve as the videoconferencing contact for campus and outside entities
- With Ag Communication and IVN, provide support and training for departmental videoconferencing contacts
- Provide training on videoconferencing equipment
- Provide support and training in best-use practices for faculty using video rooms
- Install software upgrades of videoconferencing units
- Install and configure new videoconferencing equipment and peripherals
- Provide technicians for IVN classes that NDSU hosts
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance (1 hour)
Services provided at a charge for NDSU faculty, staff, and students:
- Technicians for meetings using the IVN video rooms ($10/hour)
- Research and contact remote locations and set up the event ($40/hour)
- Additional technical and troubleshooting assistance ($40/hour)
For off-campus clientele:
IVN events: Follow the IVN fee schedule that can be found here.
Non-IVN events: Dedicated technician coverage is provided at $40/hour.
Access charges (including administrative, video test, and room charge) are $35 for 1-4 hours or $50 a day.
Events in Other Campus Video Rooms
If a technician is needed in a non-ITS supported video room, the charge is $40/hour for on-campus employees and off-campus clients.
Non-video Room, Special Setup, or Other Technology Charges
Videoconferencing equipment may be set up in rooms that donít contain videoconferencing equipment. However, this requires movement and setup of equipment. The basic charge is $40/hour for NDSU faculty, staff and students, and for off-campus clientele. Additional charges may include event preparation and setup, testing, and tear down.
Contact Daniel Erichsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 231-5136 to schedule an event.