New Student Checklist
Welcome to NDSU! Here's a checklist to help you get started using campus technology services and resources.
Before you arrive on campus
- Activate your accounts (if you haven't already done so).
- Check your email right away so you don't miss any important messages regarding tuition, financial aid, deadlines and coursework.
- If you plan to purchase a computer, visit with your advisor beforehand to find out if your department has any minimum requirements. Check out the NDSU Bookstore for information about educational pricing and discounts for Apple and Windows computers.
- Download and install free anti-virus on your personal computer. We recommend Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows or ClamXav for Apple.
- Get free Microsoft Office software after you've enrolled for course credit.