Scanning graphics from a PC (Quentin Burdick Building 150)
Scanning Graphics into HP Photo and Imaging Gallery
To begin scanning graphics and pictures, press the SCAN button on the scanner. At this point a dialog box will appear, giving you several options. Click the hp scanning software option, then click OK.
- The HP scanning software will launch. Click the Scan button in the application to start the scanning process.
- After you click the Scan button in the application, you will be prompted to select the appropriate scanner source. As illustrated in the picture below, choose the WIA-HP Scanjet 4570c/5500c 1.0 (32-32) option, then click Select.
- You will then be prompted to select the type of document that you want to scan. You can choose from:
- Color Picture
- Greyscale Picture
- Black and White Picture or Text
- Custom Settings
- Then click the Scan button to start scanning.
- After the scanner is finished scanning the graphic or picture, it will be added to the image gallery as pictured below. If you wish to scan more than one graphic or picture, repeat the previous steps. When you are ready to retrieve your images, they will be located in the directory specified to the left of the images.
Scanning Graphics into Photoshop
To begin scanning graphics and pictures, press the SCAN button on the scanner. At this point a dialog box will appear, giving you several options. Click on the Photoshop option, then click OK.
- Photoshop and HP Scanning software will launch. Click the Accept button once you have finished resizing the image. It will now be ready to edit with Photoshop.