Lanier Printer Setup (Windows)
Before the setup:
You will need to know the DNS Name, Model and your 5/6 digit code for the MFP (Multi-Functional Printer)
The DNS Name should be on a white label on the Lanier. the model number is also on the front of the lanier. Codes are obtainable by either contacting your departments Administrative Assistant or by calling Print and Copy Services @ 231-2000
IMPORTANT - You need to follow ALL instructions before you can print to your Lanier.
Windows XP and Windows 7
Step1a - Automated
- Click here to start the automated installer Click RUN and RUN again if requested
- Enter the DNS information from the printer - e.g. = prn 001 . ABC .ndsu.nodak.edu
- no PRN required
- no periods required
- no ndsu.nodak.edu required
- Enter the desired name for your printer
- Set as default if required
- The installation will take approximately 3 minutes, you will be notified when the installation is complete.
Step 1b - Manual
- You may need to download the PCL5 Lanier driver, double click the download and extract to a location. This driver may be needed in the next step.
- Follow these standard instructions for installing a printer. When the instructions ask for a Printer Name or IP Address, type the DNS Name (e.g. prn123.ABC.ndsu.nodak.edu)
- Do not attempt to print a test page
- Open your Printers folder
- (Windows XP) Start - Printers and Faxes
- (Windows 7) Start - Devices and Printers
- Open the printer properties of the printer you just installed
- (Windows XP) Right click - Properties
- (Windows 7) Right click - Printer properties
- On the "General" tab - click "Printing Preferences"
- You need to type your 5 or 6 USER CODE into one of the following screen - click APPLY
Setup is now complete - please test your printer.
For physical problems, such as paper jams, please call Print and Copy Services at 231-2000.
For technical assistance in setting up your printer, please call the IT Help Desk at 231-8685.
2nd Tier Support is provided by Desktop Support (for supported departments), Departmental IT technicians or Print and Copy Services.