Mac Entourage v 11.2.5
Configure Entourage v 11.2.5 (Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac)
Note: These directions are only for this version of Entourage, all other versions are unable to be secured.
1. Go to Entourage and select Account Settings.
2. In the Accounts window, click on the New button.
3. The New Account window will appear. Choose the account type IMAP from the drop down menu and click OK.
4. Next the Edit Account window will appear.
5. In the Account name field, type a title for this account (we suggest NDSU).
6. Type your name in the Name field.
7. Type your NDSU e-mail address in the Email address field.
8. Type your NDSU Electronic ID in the Account ID field. Your NDSU Electronic ID is everything to the left of the @ sign in your e-mail address.
9. In the IMAP server field type imap.ndsu.nodak.edu.
10. In the Password field type your password. Check the Save password box if you want to save your password. We do not recommend saving this.
11. Click the Click here for advanced receiving options button.
12. Check the box next to This IMAP Service requires a secure connection (SSL). Check the box for Override default Imap port; make sure that port number 993 is in the port number box. Click the small close box in the upper left corner of this window to close.
13. Type smtp.ndsu.nodak.edu in the SMTP server field.
14. Click the Click here for advanced sending options button.
15. Check the box next to SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL). Check the box next to Override default SMTP port and type 587. Check the box next to Use same settings as receiving mail server. Click the small close box in the upper left corner of this window to close.
16. Click the OK button to create the account.
17. Close Entourage and then reopen it for your changes to take affect.