Microsoft Outlook 2010
1. Click Start, then go to All Programs (or Programs), select MS Office, then select Outlook.
2. Go to Tools on the top toolbar. Select Account settings. In the Account settings window click the New icon.
3. Check the box that says, "Manually configure server setting or additional server types." Click Next.
4. Choose Internet E-mail in the next window. Click Next.
5. Enter your name in the Your Name box; enter your e-mail address in the E-mail Address box.
6. In the Account type box choose IMAP. In the Incoming mail server box enter: imap.ndsu.nodak.edu. In the Outgoing mail server box enter: smtp.ndsu.nodak.edu.
7. In the User Name box, enter your Electronic ID. With the Password box, we do not recommend that you insert your password for security reasons.
8. Click the More Settings button. Now you will see a window with four tabs at the top. Click the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box that says: My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. And select the radio button that states: Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. Click the Advanced tab. Next to Incoming change the port to 993. Then in the drop down box select SSL. Next to Outgoing change the port to 587. Then in the drop down box select TLS.
10. Click OK. Then click Finish, and then Close Outlook. Reopen Outlook and you are ready to use it.