The NDSU Outlook system includes a calendar feature for both personal calendars and resource calendars. You are able to share your personal calendar with anyone within the system. Likewise, you can have a resource created in the new system to allow your department to better manage rooms, departmental calendars, departmental laptops/projectors or other resources that your department has.
To get a resource created in NDSU Outlook, please call the NDSU Help Desk (231-8685 option1). Resources can operate in one of three standard ways
- Automatically accepts and declines booking requests. This is the default setting. This allows anyone within the system to book the resource if available, and rejects any request that would result in a double booking. People can view the resource, but only see "Free / Busy" results
- Automatically accepts and declines booking requests (with a delegate) This allows anyone within the system to book the resource if available, and rejects any request that would result in a double booking. People can view the resource, but only see "Free / Busy" results. The Delegate can view details regarding the booking.
- Select delegates to accept and decline booking requests. This allows delegates to add other people with elevated privileges to view more than just a "Free / Busy" result. There is a dramatic increase in overhead for the delegate to manage the resource in this manner, however it gives greater flexability in allowing what people
Request Calendar Resources
- Go to https://www.ndsu.edu/outlook-resource/
- Log in with your NDSU Electronic ID and password
- Fill out the form
- Click Submit
- You will receive an e-mail at your NDSU e-mail account stating the request has been received
- Once processed you will also receive notification that the resource has been created