Office 365 Configuration for Android
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full e-mail address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Click Next
- Type your full email address in the username field and enter your password.
Note: If the username field is labled "domain/username" you should only enter your email address i.e. "/email@example.com" or just "firstname.lastname@example.org". If the Domain field is separate it should be blank.
- In the sever field, type m.outlook.com
- Check the boxes for "Use secure connection (SSL)" and "Accept all SSL Certificates" and click Next.
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device. The options may include the following:
- Email checking frequency The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, e-mail messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new e-mail message.
- Sync contacts from this account If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Select Done to complete the e-mail setup and start using your account.
Note: You may need to wait ten-to-fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive e-mail.