Microsoft Office 2010 (for Windows) was made available on May 10th to departments with NDSU. This software is covered under the HECN License agreement and can be installed on NDSU owned computers at no cost to departments. Please check with your departments "Software Contact Person" for details regarding installation.
For Department Supported By ITS
WARNING - Please check with your department before upgrading.
Office 2010 may be available for installation through ZENworks. Please allow upto one hour for installation.
Using ZENworks for the upgrade
Please follow these steps to upgrade using ZENworks for Windows:
1. Choose Start -> All programs -> Novell ZENworks -> ZENworks Application Windows
2. Within the ZENworks Windows - double-click on Office 2010
3. ZENworks will start downloading the installation files. You may continue to work in Office, including Outlook, until the download is completed.
4. You can moniotr the progress by RIGHT clicking on the Z in the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen) and selecting Show Progress.
5. It may take 20 to 30 minutes to download the installation files.
6. Once the files are downloaded, the installer starts automatically. It is recommended that you close out of all other programs.
7.The Office 2010 installation will start automatically. You will be prompted to accept the license agreement
8. ITS recommends you accept the "UPGRADE" option, or select "customize" for additional options.
9. After the installation is complete, you should active the software.
10. ITS recommends you select "Use Recommended Settings" and click OK.
11. Installation should now be complete.
Note: there have been reports that some people see the following error. The issue that causes this is resolved after you restart your computer.