NDSU Secure wireless configuration for iPhone, iPod, and iPad
Instructions for devices running Apple's iOS version 5+.
To check to see what version your device is running, follow these steps.
1. Tap Settings from your home screen.
2. Scroll down and tap on General.
3. Tap About.
4. Scroll down until you see Version.
5. If you have a version lower than iOS 5.0, it is highly recommended that you update your device by plugging it into your computer and opening iTunes. From there a box will appear asking if you wish to update your device, click yes and wait for it to finish.
Configure NDSU Secure on Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad with iOS 5+
1.Tap Settings from your home screen.
2. Once in the settings, Tap Wi-Fi.
3. Toggle Wi-Fi On by tapping on the button, then tap on NDSU Instructions to connect.
4. Once connected, a special page will appear. It will say NDSU Wireless.Auth along with a set of login boxes. Log in your NDSU Electronic ID and Password, the same log in information as you use for blackboard and cluster access.
NOTE: If this does not automatically open up, press the home button. Then open Safari and type in apps.ndsu.edu/wirelessauth in the address bar.
5. Once logged in, you should see a page like this. Select Get My Certificate.
6. The next page will ask you to select the operating system of the device you are using. Press the drop down box and Select iPhone/iPod/iPad from the list.
7. Once iPhone/iPod/iPad is selected, you will see this page.
Long press on your Certificate Password then select copy. This is important, you will need this later on during the configuration process.
Then tap your Certificate Configuration Package to download and install onto your device.
8. When the Install Profile dialogue box appears, tap Install.
9. When the Unsigned Profile warning box appears, tap Install Now.
10. Long press in the password box and tap paste. This will paste the password you copied earlier.
11. When the profile installs correctly, the screen will look like this.
11. Tap Done and go back to your wireless connections, tap NDSU Secure. After a moment, it will connect and you will be able to use the secure network.