Office 365 for Students - Email Client Setup
Outlook 2010/2013 (for Windows)
(If you do not have an account in Outlook yet, open Outlook and skip to step 3)
- Click File
- Click Add Account under your Account Information
- In the Your Name box, type your name as you want it to appear to other people
- In the Email Address box, type your complete email address (typically email@example.com)
- In the Password and Retype Password boxes, type the password for your email account
- Click Next
Your email server is contacted and Outlook is configured for your account. If an encrypted connection cannot be established to the email server, you are prompted to click Next to attempt an unencrypted connection.
After your account is configured successfully, click Finish.
Outlook 2011 (for Mac)
- Open Outlook
- Under Outlook, choose Preferences
- Under Personal Settings, choose Accounts
- In the bottom left, click the arrow next to the +
- Click Exchange
- In the Email address field, type your complete email address (typically firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the User name field, type your complete email address
- In the Password field, type the password for your email account
- Make sure that the box next to Configure automatically is checked
- Click Add Account to finish
Apple Mail (for Mac)
- In the Applications folder, open Mail.
- If the "Welcome to Mail" assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
- Enter your Full Name, NDSU email address (email@example.com) and password, and then click Continue.
- Click Create to finish.
View Microsoft's instructions to configure IMAP/POP for several Windows- and Mac-based email clients.