Microsoft Lync is an enterprise-ready unified communications platform. With Lync, users can keep track of their contacts’ availability; send an instant message; start or join an audio, video, or web conference. Lync is built to fully integrate with Microsoft Office.
To install Lync:
- Log in to http://portal.microsoftonline.com
- Click Install Lync
- Select the version that corresponds to your operating system. Windows 7 is most commonly 64bit and Windows XP is most commonly 32bit. Click Install and choose Run (if using Internet Explorer) or manually start the installation after the download completes by double clicking the downloaded file.
- Follow the installation wizard instructions.
- Once Lync is installed and opened, log in with your NDSU email address and password
- Download and install the additional required software
- Save and run the downloaded software
- Once Lync is open again, enter your NDSU email address for both the Sign-in address and User name and enter your password.
- Click Sign in