Mac Computers: Barry Hall Plotting
You must print from your own laptop or computer in order to print a poster in Barry Hall. The following directions detail how to do so on Mac computers.
- Start System Preferences. This can be found either in your dock or in the apple menu.
- Click on Print & Fax. In the Print & Fax control panel you will see a list of printers with a + and a - sign below. Click on the + sign to add a new printer.
- A new window will pop open. Make sure that the IP Printer tab is selected at the top. Set protocol to Line Printer Daemon from the drop down menu. In the address field type “clusterprint.cc.ndsu.nodak.edu”. In the queue field put “downtown-plotter”. In the name field change it to something that will allow you to recognize it as the Barry Hall large format printer. The location field can be left blank or filled in with Barry Hall.
- Go to www.hp.com download the HP DesignJet 5500ps Series PostScript Driver. Save the driver on your computer and install it.
- In the print using field choose HP and then DesignJet 5500 ps.
- Click the add button. The plotter should now be set up on your computer.