- Return to Home
- Energy Shots Site
- Blackboard 9.1 Link
- Important Browser Information
- Bb Archival/Retention
- Bb "First Aid"
- Logging into Bb
- New Interface
- Create Your Courses
- "Really Quick-Start"
- Quick-Start for Students
- Request Organization
What is an Assignment?
The Assignment tool allows instructors to provide assignment instructions and/or assignment materials to students via Blackboard, and allows students to view and submit required assignment materials online for grading.
- The Blackboard Assignments tool - PDF
- Creating Assignments - Video Tutorial
- Grading Individual Assignments - PDF
- Creating and Grading Group Assignments - Video Tutorial
- Downloading Assignments for Offline Review - Video Tutorial
- Deleting Assignment Files - Video Tutorial
- Assignments from the Student's Perspective - PDF
Why use Assignments?
- The Digital DropBox is no longer available in Blackboard 9.1.
- Instructors can use an Assignment to distribute files students need to complete the assignment (optional).
- Students use an Assignment to submit files to their instructors for grading.
- Assignments are tied directly to the Grade Center.
- A grade column is automatically created in the Grade Center when an Assignment is created.
- Student Assignment submissions are automatically recorded in the Grade Center column for that Assignment.
- Instructors can download student file submissions as a ZIP file, review them off-line, then enter the grades online in the Grade Center.
- Assignment files can be quickly deleted using a simple batch process when they're no longer needed.
New Assignment Capabilities
- Instructors can allow multiple attempts for Assignments - useful if instructors wish to have students submit multiple drafts of a paper or project.
- The number of attempts allowed can be unlimited, or limited to a set number of submissions.
- Instructors can create Group Assignments for collaborative assignments.
- Group Assignments are visible only to members of that Group.
- One member of the Group submits all assignment files for the whole group.
- Grades entered in the Grade Center for one student for the Group Assignment will be automatically entered for all Group members -- individual student grades can still be manually entered for Group Assignments if necessary.
- Students can submit Assignments as text, as attached files, or using a combination of text and attached files.