Resources and Tutorials
- Energy Shots Videos
- Blackboard 9.1 Login Page
- Browser Information
- Archival/Retention Policy
- Bb "First Aid"
- Logging into Bb
- New Interface
- Create Your Courses
- "Really Quick-Start"
- Quick-Start for Students
- Request Organization
- Blackboard Rubrics
- Tests / Surveys / Pools
- SafeAssign (Anti-Plagiarism)
- Grade Center (Instructors)
- My Grades (Students)
What is a Blackboard Assignment?
The Assignment tool allows instructors to provide assignment instructions and/or assignment materials to students via Blackboard, and allows students to view and submit required assignment materials online for grading.
- The Blackboard Assignments tool - PDF
- Creating Assignments - Video Tutorial
- Inline Assignment Grading - Video Tutorial
- Grading Individual Assignments - PDF
- Creating and Grading Group Assignments - Video Tutorial
- Downloading Assignments for Offline Review - Video Tutorial
- Deleting Assignment Files - Video Tutorial
- Assignments from the Student's Perspective - PDF
Why use Assignments?
- The Digital DropBox is no longer available in Blackboard 9.1.
- Instructors can use an Assignment to distribute files students need to complete the assignment (optional).
- Students use an Assignment to submit files to their instructors for grading.
- Assignments are tied directly to the Grade Center.
- A grade column is automatically created in the Grade Center when an Assignment is created.
- Student Assignment submissions are automatically recorded in the Grade Center column for that Assignment.
- Instructors can download student file submissions as a ZIP file, review them off-line, then enter the grades online in the Grade Center.
- Assignment files can be quickly deleted using a simple batch process when they're no longer needed.
New Inline Assignment Grading
- Redesigned, easier-to-use Assignment grading page
- Open student-submitted Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files directly within Blackboard - no need to download them first, grade them, and then upload them again!
- Easily provide feedback - including adding comments, highlighting and adding drawing/annotations - directly on the submitted Word, Excel, PowerPoint or PDF file within Blackboard
- Other student-submitted file types can still be downloaded and uploaded for grading as before
Note: The Assignment submission user interface has changed for students as well - if you provide an orientation to Blackboard and/or submitting an assignment for your students, be sure to update that information to reflect the changes!