Blackboard – we’ve made some changes!
We updated Blackboard at NDSU on 9/26/13 to resolve an urgent issue with Blackboard tests. While resolving the test issue, this update also added useful enhancements to some of the tools you use frequently. You may notice small changes but these enhancements should make things easier – particularly during grading!
Inline Grading – Assignments
- Collapse and Maximize buttons were added to allow more screen real estate (full-screen view is now possible while grading assignments)
- The Feedback text box is collapsed (hidden) by default – click the small arrow below the Attempt box to provide feedback
- Click the Add Notes link to expand the Grading Notes text box
- The Rubric and Comment fields are collapsed by default
- Click the Rubric name to use the rubric within the grading sidebar rather than in a popup window for easier grading
- Click the Rubrics button to open the rubric in a popup window
- Instructors can override individual grades for group assignments
- Students see a "Write Submission' button for optional text submission rather than the previous link which was easily missed
Inline Grading for Tools -- Discussion Board, Blogs, Journals and Wikis
- The grading interface in all of these tools is now similar to the inline grading interface for assignments
- Blogs and Journals: the grading sidebar can be collapsed or expanded and instructors can navigate between students within Blogs and Journals and between entries submitted by the currently selected student
- Discussion Boards: instructors can navigate between students within Discussions and the grading sidebar can be collapsed or expanded
- Wikis: The grading sidebar can be collapsed or expanded, instructors can navigate between students within Wikis, and a participation summary is displayed
You may also notice other minor changes throughout the Blackboard interface. If you have questions, please contact Instructional Services.
Watch for more information soon about a useful new Date Management feature available now!