- Return to Home
- Energy Shots Site
- Blackboard 9.1 Link
- Important Browser Information
- Bb Archival/Retention
- Bb "First Aid"
- Logging into Bb
- New Interface
- Create Your Courses
- "Really Quick-Start"
- Quick-Start for Students
- Request Organization
Create your Blackboard Courses
New Blackboard course shells must be created for each course for each semester you wish to use Blackboard for your classes.
NDSU faculty can create Blackboard courses easily and instantly by using the Course Create Utility. The utility appears on the My Blackboard screen (the Home tab) for anyone who has the NDSU Faculty Blackboard role. As a new semester approaches, the Course Create Utility will be populated automatically with all courses where you are listed as the instructor of record in Campus Connection for that semester.
When you request your courses through this utility, they are created almost instantly - no waiting for a Blackboard team member to get to your request! Shortly after the courses are created, students are automatically enrolled into them; however, the Blackboard system DOES NOT delete dropped students automatically.
- Course Create Utility - Written instructions (pdf)
- Course Create Utility - Audio/Video tutorial (swf)
Course Scenarios Handled by the Course Create Utility
- Simple course requests for a new course shell without content
- Course requests for a course shell populated with content copied from a previous Bb course
- Course requests for a course shell that includes multiple sections of a class, i.e. a undergrad / graduate dual course, or cross-listed courses
- A combination of all of the options above!
- Please refer to the tutorials to learn how to handle the scenarios that apply to you