Resources and Tutorials
- Energy Shots Videos
- Blackboard 9.1 Login Page
- Browser Information
- Archival/Retention Policy
- Bb "First Aid"
- Logging into Bb
- New Interface
- Create Your Courses
- "Really Quick-Start"
- Quick-Start for Students
- Request Organization
- Blackboard Rubrics
- Tests / Surveys / Pools
- SafeAssign (Anti-Plagiarism)
- Grade Center (Instructors)
- My Grades (Students)
Request a Blackboard Organization
What is a Bb Organization?
A Blackboard organization is very similar to a Blackboard course with some of the terminology changed to refer to groups instead of classes. There are four types of organizations: Academic, Departmental, Faculty-Staff, and Students. All student organizations that have been approved by the Council of Student Organizations (CSO) automatically get a Blackboard organization created for them, by request from CSO leaders.
How do I request a Bb Organization?
- Use the Report a Problem Online link on the ITS Help Desk page to create a ticket.
- Fill in all the blanks provided, and in the Details field, state that you need a Blackboard organization. Please include the following information:
- Name of organization
- What kind of organization is it? (Academic, Departmental, Faculty-Staff, or Student)
- Name(s) of the leader who will maintain the Bb organization
- The ticket will be assigned to the Blackboard Support Team, and a member will let you know when the organization is available for use.
Why use Bb Organizations?
In a Bb organization you can communicate via email and announcements, share important content and files, break into sub-groups using the group function, and have the privacy of membership.
Some typical uses include:
- Council of Student Organization - All approved organizations use Blackboard for communication and other purposes.
- Departmental organizations can aid in communication via email and announcements. Search Committees can share documents with the necessary privacy using a Bb organization. It's also a good place for departmental policies and procedures.
- Academic use of Bb organizations may revolve around task groups related to research or special projects.
- Faculty/Staff use includes established groups such as senates, committees, etc.