Student Resources on Blackboard
The Blackboard system at NDSU was upgraded to the latest version on December 27 and 28, 2013. We think you'll like the changes!
Learn about the changes at
Contact the ITS Blackboard support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or the IT Help Desk at 231-8685 If you have questions or concerns.
- Blackboard is a web-based course management system designed to allow students and faculty to participate in classes delivered online or use online materials and activities to complement teaching and learning.
- Getting Started with Blackboard video tutorial for students
- Student Quick Start Guide
- Use the "blackboard" link in the NDSU home page to access Blackboards log in screen or link directly to Blackboard .
- All NDSU enrolled students are automatically assigned a Blackboard login. Blackboard uses the same login (normally firstname.lastname) and password used by NDSU e-mail and the cluster machines.
- Before you can login to Blackboard the first time you need to activate your electronic identity at NDSU. Please visit the Activating Your Student Blackboard Account page for specific instructions on activating your Blackboard account, or read more about your NDSU electronic identity.
How to customize Blackboard
How to communicate via Blackboard
- Many instructors use Bb announcements to communicate with students. Most Bb courses display announcements automatically upon entry to the course and have a menu choice.
How to access course materials
- Use the course menu options to get the documents you need.
How to submit assignment
How to take Blackboard tests
Lockdown Browser-A special browser for taking Bb tests