LockDown Browser Solutions
Students have an incorrect version of LockDown Browser installed on their computer
- LockDown Browser must be downloaded from a URL which is unique to each university and changes periodically as new software versions are necessary
- Students who have already downloaded LockDown Browser from an outdated URL or from a location not specific to NDSU will not be able to open LockDown Browser to complete a quiz or test that requires it
- The correct version can be downloaded at http://www.ndsu.edu/its/instructional_services/lockdown_browser - (click “Download Respondus LockDown Browser for NDSU”)
Instructors have distributed links to download outdated versions of LockDown Browser to their students
- If you’ve included a URL students can use to download and install LockDown Browser in your course and have copied that material from semester to semester, the URL may point to the incorrect version. If the URL you have contains a number like “pl?ID=988740422” change the URL to http://www.ndsu.edu/its/instructional_services/lockdown_browser immediately and make sure your students have the corrected URL
- Instructional Services has updated all of the Word and PDF files that contain the URL to download LockDown Browser to include this correct URL – instructors can download these updated documents at the URL above as well
- Students should now be prompted for a password only if the instructor required a password!
- If a student has an older version of Respondus LockDown Browser installed, it may lead the student to believe they need to enter a password in two different places, even if the instructor didn’t require a password!
- Students should download and install the current version of Respondus LockDown Browser before starting the test if they have not done so within the past three months to avoid these unnecessary password prompts!