Respondus LockDown Browser Update
The Respondus LockDown Browser building block was updated on the Blackboard servers at NDSU on 10/16/12 to improve performance and resolve recent issues with LockDown Browser for both students and instructors.
The Instructor Experience:
The process for enabling/disabling LockDown Browser for a quiz or test has changed slightly:
- In Blackboard, click Course Tools (below the Control Panel)
- Click Respondus LockDown Browser
- In the Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard, click the icon to the left of the quiz or test where you want to require LockDown Browser
- Click Modify Settings
- Check "Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam" - the box expands to show the password options
- Passwords are NOT required; if you DO want students to enter a password, type a password in the optional "Password to access exam" box
- Using a "Password to close browser and exit exam early" is optional as well - this password is only for instructor/proctor use and should not be given to students
- Click Save and Close - LockDown Browser is now enabled for this test
The Student Experience:
Students should no longer see a second password screen when they begin a test in LockDown Browser. The two password screens have confused students in the past.
Students should only be prompted for a password now if instructor required it when Respondus LockDown Browser was enabled for this quiz or test!
If a student is prompted with two different password screens they are using an older version of Respondus LockDown Browser and must first download and install the current version.