Current System Status Information
Updated information about service interruptions, system updates, current issues and workarounds for Blackboard, Collaborate, Respondus LockDown Browser, Tegrity, Clickers and other technology supported by the Instructional Services group within the Information Technology Services department.
Attention: Blackboard Collaborate Users
Attention Blackboard Collaborate Users issues with Java & Mac OS X
Information about related issues with Java and Mac OS X and Blackboard Collaborate.
Intermittent Grade Center Access Problems
Posted: 12/31/12 - updated 01/03/13
We’ve received reports that some instructors are having problems opening the Grade Center to review grades from previous semesters since the Blackboard system upgrade last week. Fortunately, the solution is easy -- if you see this specific error message when opening the Grade Center:
TypeError: this.scoreProvidersMap[svu.handle] is undefined"
The Easiest Solution:
- Be sure Edit Mode: is ON
- At the top of the Grade Center, click the chevron arrow button to the right of the “Grade Center: Full Grade Center” title
- Click “Turn Screen Reader Mode on” – wait for the Grade Center to finish loading (may take a few seconds)
- Click the chevron arrow button to the right of the “Grade Center: Screen Reader Mode Active: Full Grade Center” title again
- Click “Turn Screen Reader Mode off” – the Grade Center should load and it’s behavior should return to normal
An Alternative Solution:
- At the top of the Grade Center, highlight Manage, then click Column Organization
- Click and drag the icon to the left of ANY column to move that column to any other location
- Click Submit to return to the Grade Center
- Click on any other link in the Course Menu on the left, then open the Grade Center again – the columns should now display correctly
Once the Grade Center displays correctly you can follow the same steps to return the moved column to its original position
This error message does not occur in all classes in Blackboard and it does not affect students' access to their grades. No grade data has been lost. We are investigating the cause of this issue as quickly as possible. If you have questions please contact the ITS Blackboard support team at email@example.com.
Authentication Error on 10/18/2012
On Thursday, October 18, one of NDSU's two LDAP servers had a software error, which would have manifested as authentication error in various services (including Blackboard). The problem began at 9:01:05 PM and was resolved at 9:47:06 PM.
Blackboard Collaborate System Maintenance
Blackboard Collaborate will be performing system maintenance from 9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20, through 1 a.m. Sunday Oct. 21, 2012.
Affected Users: All Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing and Elluminate Live users
Details: Blackboard Collaborate will be performing system maintenance for Web Conferencing and Elluminate Live during the standard maintenance window. All services will go offline for a brief period as sessions are restarted on new servers.