Blackboard update scheduled for Dec. 27-28
Blackboard will be unavailable during a scheduled Blackboard system update beginning at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 27, until 11 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 28.
If the process goes smoothly, Blackboard may become available as early as Thursday evening.
When logging in to Blackboard for the first time after the update, users will be greeted by a "Welcome" screen. After clicking in that screen, the rest of Blackboard will look and operate much the same as it did before the upgrade, but with some exciting added features:
- Improved Content Editor provides better text formatting capabilities, copying/pasting from Microsoft Word and an improved math equation editor
- Assessment Item Analysis allows easy instructor evaluation of exam and quiz questions
- My Blackboard consolidates critical information from all of your courses and organizations into one location
- Global Navigation Menu provides one-click access to key information, resources and items needing attention across all of your courses and organizations
- Posts tool consolidates posts and comments from Discussion Boards, Blogs, Journals and Wikis from all of your courses and organizations
- Updates tool provides updates from across all of Blackboard in one place with filtering options
To learn more about what's better, go to: www.ndsu.edu/its/blackboard-upgrade
Check out the "Welcome" screen you'll see the first time you log in to Blackboard after the upgrade.
Contact the IT Help Desk at 231-8685 or email@example.com if you have questions.