Blackboard upgrade scheduled for June 28-29
Blackboard will be unavailable during a scheduled upgrade beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday, June 28, until noon Saturday, June 29.
If the process goes smoothly, Blackboard may become available as early as late Friday night.
Top 5 reasons to be excited for the upgrade:
- "Inline" assignment grading: Open student-submitted assignments directly within Blackboard and provide comments, highlights, drawings, annotation and other feedback without downloading the file!
- Customizable testing options and feedback: Customize exceptions for individuals or groups of students for test availability, timed tests, auto-submit, and forced completion, and create rules to release progressive test feedback while keeping test results secure and preventing cheating.
- Discussion board enhancements: Option to require students to "post first" before viewing other students' posts, and options for better viewing and sorting of posts.
- Video everywhere: Instructors and students can easily record, embed and reuse video throughout a course, and videos can be automatically uploaded to a personal YouTube account.
- Student retention center: Customizable options for tracking studentsí engagement and participation, and tools for quick communication to help students take immediate action for improvement.
To learn more about what's better, go to: www.ndsu.edu/its/blackboard-upgrade
Please contact the IT Help Desk if you have questions.