Apple software licensing for NDSU-owned computers
If you would like to purchase a license for Apple software for an NDSU-owned computer, please consult with your departmental Software Contact. If you do not know who your contact is, please visit the NDSU Software Contacts page.
NDSU Software Contacts can follow the instructions below regarding a suggested method for purchasing Apple software for NDSU-owned computers. The advantage of this method over reimbursing individuals' software purchases is an improved ability to track departmental software purchases for NDSU-owned computers.
Purchasing Apple Software for NDSU-owned computers
The NDSU IT Division suggests the following method for purchasing Apple software for NDSU-owned computers:
- Software Contacts should call 1-800-800-2775 (choose option 4, then choose option 2)
- Provide the following contact information:
- Name: Software Contact name
- Zip code: 58108
- Institution name: North Dakota State University
- Phone number: Department phone number
(Note: Apple will use this information to track the purchase order number; therefore, providing your departmental phone number will enable you to better track purchases made on behalf of your department.)
- Provide the product number or product description
- Provide your departmental P.O. Box address
- Provide your departmental credit card information
- Provide your [software contact] email address
Note: After submitting the order via phone, you will receive two separate emails with information on how to download and install the purchased software. Keep a copy of these emails for your department's software tracking records and forward a copy of each email on to the individual who requested the software so they can redeem the purchased software.
Redeeming and installing Apple Software on NDSU-owned computers
After the Software Contact completes the ordering process and forwards the two email messages from Apple that contain information on how to redeem and install the purchased software, the individual who requested the software should do the following:
- On your NDSU-owned Apple computer, open the first email message, and then double-click on the attached PDF license
- A pop-up widow that requests the license password will appear
- Retrieve the password from the second email message and enter it into the pop-up window to open the PDF license
- Print and retain a copy of the license for your records
- To open the App Store, click on the Apple in the upper left of your computer screen and choose App Store...
- In the right menu, click Redeem
- Enter the Redemption Code from the license PDF
- Enter your Apple account ID and password
Note: If you do not have an Apple account, click Create an Apple ID and follow the instructions to create an account.
- Sign in to finish redeeming the software
- In the App Store, click on Purchased in the top menu
- Click the Download button next to the software you purchased
- After downloading, follow the instructions to install the software
- Mathematica 9.0.1
- Minitab 16
- SAS 9.3
- SPSS 22
- ESRI 10.2
Please contact Software Licensing for more information @ 231-8685 Option 4.