Read & Write Gold
NDSU students, faculty and staff can get a free copy of Read & Write Gold, an innovative literacy software that supports reading fluency and comprehension, writing, studying and research.
The software is designed to help individuals of all ages, abilities and learning styles, with tools including:
- Phonetic spell checker
- Concept mapper
- Fact finder
- Word prediction
- Voice note
- Vocabulary list builder
More information about the software is available on the Read & Write Gold website.
The customizable, easy-to-use toolbar seamlessly integrates with common applications including Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Adobe Reader, and Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer Web browsers.
Get Read & Write Gold for your personal computer
Read & Write Gold is available free of charge for use on your personal computer. If you have a Windows computer, you have the option to download the software from the software download page or get the software as a self-contained mobile application that runs on a USB flash drive. If you have a Mac computer, your only option is to get a copy of the self-contained application.
Download Read & Write Gold for Windows
Be sure to log in to the software downloads page using your NDSU electronic ID and password. You will NOT need to enter an activation code to complete the software installation process.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://software.ndus.edu/
- Click log in using your NDSU username and password (do NOT click on the NDUS login link), then enter your NDSU electronic ID and password
- Scroll down, and then click Read & Write Gold
- Follow the instructions to download and install the software on your personal computer
- When prompted to enter an activation code, do NOT enter anything and instead click Activate to complete the process
Get a copy of the Read & Write Gold self-contained mobile application for Mac or Windows
- Bring your Bison Card and a new 8 gigabyte USB flash drive that is still in its unopened package to the Technology Learning & Media Center in IACC 150C during regular operating hours
- An employee from the TLMC will exchange your drive for another drive with the free software already installed
- Sign the software agreement to indicate the software is for your personal use only and you will discontinue using the software when you are no longer an NDSU student or employee.
Read & Write Gold is a software package owned by NDSU and supported by the Information Technology Division. The distribution and training for Read & Write Gold is the collaborative effort between the IT Division and Student Affairs.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact NDSU Software Licensing at 231-8685 (option 4) or email@example.com.